Ultra High Performance Tyres
Passionate drivers are passionate about their cars and we understand this. The cars are demanding and the best manufacturers only choose the highest quality tyres to feature as original equipment on their performance ranges. When it comes to performance, handling or safety – there are no compromises.
Michelin and Bugatti Chiron Break Speed Record
The world’s fastest street legal tyre – MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2
Commenting on the record, Pierre Chandezon, Bugatti tire design team leader at Michelin said: ‘Michelin is very proud to have been an integral part of this record and it is the fruit of the relationship between us and Bugatti which stretches back almost 20 years. With this in mind, it was the trust built up over this time that gave Bugatti the confidence to allow Michelin to develop the sole original equipment fitment tires for the Chiron.’
MICHELIN Motorsport Heritage
Motorsport has been a part of Michelin’s DNA ever since the company was founded. Michelin is the only brand to have developed so many winning technologies over a period of more than 100 years. It is this prestigious heritage that provides the foundations for the passion that runs through the veins of the entire company today.
Motorsport has been a key leitmotiv for Michelin since 1891, barely two years after it was founded, and has been used to showcase its know-how and innovative instincts across a wide range of disciplines.
Michelin’s first taste of competition was the Paris-Brest-Paris (1891), the longest cycle race ever staged. The winner of that 1,200km event was Charles Terront who proved the benefits of Michelin’s new removable tyre by completing the route in a time of 71 hours and 18 minutes, nine hours faster than his closest rival.
Since then, Michelin has added a long list of prestigious victories to its record:
– 26 Drivers’ titles and 28 Manufacturers’ titles in the World Rally Championship (WRC),
– 102 race wins and nine world titles in Formula 1,
– More than 400 race wins and 29 titles in MotoGP,
– 12 Superbike World Championship titles (WSBK)
– 28 victories in the Le Mans 24 Hours,
– 15 FIM Endurance World Championship titles (EWC)
– 55 Dakar wins (36 on two wheels, plus 19 in the car category)
At Tyreline, we understand that your high performance vehicle features extremely complex technology. We also understand that tyres need to enhance that technology to ensure your vehicle performs at 100%.
Michelin ultra high-performance tyres feature technologies never before seen on everyday vehicles. That’s because now, cars travelling our roads have power, performance and handling that were once the preserve of racing circuits and the elite.
Some of the latest technologies are derived from motorsport disciplines including historic 24h Le Mans, FIA Formula-e, WRC. These are now key design features within road and track tyres to enable drivers to truly exploit the handling and performance that discerning owners want from their performance cars.
We distribute tyres that are proven to win races. To win races in today’s world, tyres need to be all weather, fuel efficient, long lasting and damage resistant, not forgetting they need to be driven to the limits of endurance and adhesion. These needs are reflected in the tyres we offer for high performance motorists who only want the best.
Michelin high performance tyres are award winning and independently tested as well as specified as “Original Equipment” by the most prestigious car makers in the world.
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2
50% more laps and faster (1) thanks to endurance-competition technologies. Original equipment on vehicles like BMW X3 M and Mercedes AMG E43
- Improved wet grip which reduces aquaplanning
- Slower wear of the outer shoulder
- Reinforced external shoulder with special rubber highly resistant to abrasion
For improved endurance/track longevity
- Two different rubbers used on outside and inside of the tread
- Outside: A “High MoleCular Chain” elastomer guarantees exceptional grip especially on tight bends
- Inside: A more rigid elastomer optimises steering control and wet grip
- 20% (**) deeper tread wet grip: delays aquaplanning and improves safety on wet roads
** Visit https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-cup-2 for further information
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S
Genuine Passion. Exceptional Drives. Original equipment on vehicles like BMW X3 M and Mercedes AMG E43
- Ultra-reactive tread pattern design, adapts continuously to the road, for an optimized footprint on the road.
- Bi-compound technology:
- Outer side: a novel hybrid elastomer for dry grip
- Inner side: new mix of compound with specific “functional elastomers” and silica provides excellent wet grip and braking
- “Dynamic response” technology: a hybrid belt of aramid and nylon ensures optimum transmission of steering instructions onto the road.
- A protection for all kind of wheels.
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4
Get ready for journeys of sheer driving pleasure in safety, with tyres that instinctively translate your decisions onto the road. Original equipment on vehicles like Tesla, BMW M5, Ford Mustang.
- “Dynamic Response” Technology; a hybrid belt of aramid and nylon ensures optimum transmission of steering instructions onto the road.
- Ultra-reactive tread pattern design, adapts continuously to the road, for optimised footprint on the road.
- New mix of compound with specific “functional elastomers” and silica provides excellent wet grip and braking.
- Wide and deep longitudinal grooves ensure a high level of drainage on wet roads.
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 SUV
The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres are specially made for premium SUVs providing you excellent braking, handling and comfort. Original equipment on vehicles like Volvo, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes, Mercedes Benz.
- Outstanding grip and safety: 1st in wet and dry braking.
- Comfort oriented improvements to enhance your driving pleasure.
- Excellent longevity and a SUV-dedicated robustness.
- Asymmetrical tread pattern: external part for dry conditions, internal part for wet roads.
- “Dynamic response” technology: a hybrid belt made of aramid and nylon for an optimised driving precision.
- Groove design mastered to rigidify the tread pattern and provide grip under lateral solicitation.
- Tread pattern stiffness with optimised notches for excellent braking on dry roads.
- New compound mix with specific innovative “functional elastomers” and thin silica for excellent grip and braking on wet roads.
MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT
High performance tyre specially designed for super sports cars and ultra high performance tuning. Original equipment on vehicles like BMW, Chevrolet, Citroen, Ferrari, Lexus, Mercedes, Mercedes AMG, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Subaru,Tesla, Vauxhall, Volvo
- 3 metres shorter braking distance on wet roads.*
*Test carried out by Michelin Technology Centre. Compared with MICHELIN Pilot Sport PS2.
- Number 1 in dry handling.*
*Tests carried out in 2010 by TÜV SÜD, compared to its 5 premium competitors (available on the market at the time).
- Developed in partnership with the world’s leading performance car manufacturers.
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 3
A tyre made for sport-oriented vehicles and high-powerd saloons, the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3 gives you driving pleasure and security in both wet and dry conditions. Original equipment on vehicles like Audi, Citroen, Mercedes, Mercedes AMG.
BROWSE OUR ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE TYRES
Our legendary collection of ultra high-performance tyres give you enhanced driving sensations on everyday roads and competitive tracks.
Make the most of your sports car with MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. Developed in partnership with AMG, Porsche and Ferrari.
The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres are specially made for premium SUVs providing you excellent braking, handling and comfort.
Genuine Passion. Exceptional Drives.
Get ready for journeys of sheer driving pleasure in safety, with tyres that instinctively translate your decisions onto the road.
High-performance tyre specially designed for super sports cars and ultra high-performance tuning.
A tyre made for sport-oriented vehicles and high-powered saloons, the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3 gives you driving pleasure and security in both wet and dry conditions.